Triskeles’ Youth Philanthropy group collected $1400 this summer–and gave it away this week to organizations in our area who are doing good things for others. What a great feeling, to be able to help others do good things for those who need it.
Youth selected five Philadelphia-area non-profits to receive grants from their fund:
- Startup Corps in Philadelphia–which teaches high school youth entrepreneurial business skills and helps them incubate businesses
- The Clinic in Phoenixville–which provides medical care to those without insurance
- Main Line Animal Rescue in Kimberton–one of the best animal shelters in the country
- Good Works in Coatesville–which just finished repairing its 500th residence in Chester County
- The Chester County Food Bank–one of the best anywhere which does so much to see that no one goes hungry
The young adults and Triskeles staff who delivered the gifts were all reminded again how many good people there are who make it their business to help those in need. We urge you all to support your charity of choice this season.
Click below to see album:
|Youth Philanthropy 2011|